Ishq [English: Love] is a Bollywood movie starring Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgan, Kajol and Juhi Chawla. The Hindi film was released in 1997. It was the highest budget Indian film until, Jeans .
Ranjit Rai [Sadashiv Amrapurkar] and his close friend Harbanslal [Dalip Tahil], are two wealthy men who want their children, Ajay [Ajay Devgn] and Madhu [Juhi Chawla] to marry each other. Unfortunately for them they are in love with less wealthy Kajal [played by Kajol] and Raja [Aamir Khan].
Each parent deceivingly get their children to sign a marriage certificate which declares them married to each other. Both the lovers refuse to back down, and their parents try everything to separate them. They eventually accept their choices and they prepare for the engagement. Unfortunately at the party, pictures are shown of Raja and Kajal acting very intimate with each other, because Raja saved her from a gang. It turns out that the whole thing was an act set up by Ajay and Madhus parents. Raja and Kajal are willing to prove their innocence but Ranjit Rai and Harbanslal are determined to keep them away. Raja asks Kajals uncle to tell Ajay and Madhu what happened but will not tell and Ajay and Madhu throws Raj and Kajal out. Kajal was in severe depression and Ajay and Madhu thought she was pregnant with Rajas child because they saw them out of maternity hospital and when they told her congrats and told them about their wedding Kajal tried to kill her self, but Raja stopped her. Raja went to punish them both but the police came with along with Ajay and Madhus parents. Raja is being beaten and Kajal goes to stop them and asks Madhu and Ajays parents to stop and indeed they do, but with a price that when they let him go they can never come back to India ever again. Kajal says yes and Raja is out. Of course when hearing this, he refuses but Kajal changes his mind. Ajay and Madhus marriage is starring when Ajays madaa shuts the lights and shows pictures, which tells everybody what Ajay and Madhus fathers really did and how Kajal was attacked and Raja had come to save her and when they brought in the uncle they told how he was paid and lied for the money. He also tells him how he ruined his friendship with Raja, and how he tried to tell what happened but he wouldnt listen. Ajay gets angry and tries to kill his father but remembers his promise to Raja and stops. He then tries to kill himself but Madhu and Madaa stop him. Madaa tells them how both of their fathers made them lose the love of their life. They decide to go apologize but Madaa tells them their leaving forever and must hurry to get there. They try to hurry when Raja and Kajal are boarding the ship. Ajay gets stopped by the crewmen. Eventually they let him go through and they finally get there in time. They see that Ajay is bloodied and they see him asking for forgiveness and Kajal comes running and hugs him. Raja also forgives him and Madhu also asks for forgiveness. They also forgive and the lovers are reunited. Ajay and Madhus fathers stop the ship from leaving in order to ask forgiveness from their children. The children forgive their fathers when they realized that this time they truly have realized their mistake. At the end of the movie, the children get married to their lovers as they have planned from the beginning.
* This movie became a hit in India after a slow start due to the popularity of Dil to Pagal Hai, which released some time earlier before this film was released.
*Aamir Khan and Kajol were not opposite each other in Ishq, but they would work opposite each other later in Fanaa, which also became a hit.
* This was the first and last time that Ajay Devgn and Aamir Khan starred together. Both their careers rose to great heights and they never got the chance to work with each other again.
* This also was one of many films that Khan and Chawla have starred opposite each other.
* This was also the last film in which Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla worked with each other. Apparently Juhi did not take too well with Aamirs practical jokes and when she made that clear to him, Aamir and Juhi ended up in a major exchange of words For example the scene in which aamir tries to horrify chawla being disguised as a ghost in the film. This was followed by a mutual decision to not work with each other. However, almost 8 years later, the two stars sorted their differences, though they still havent shared screen space since. Also after watching Aamirs maiden home production Lagaan, it is believed that Juhi sent him flowers and a card congratulating him on the films success.
* The song "Neend Churai Meri" is a hindi remake of "Sending All My Love," released by Linear [group] in 1990.
* Mr Lova Lova is also a copy of an English song.
* The song Tu Jhootha, which was not filmed but featured in the soundtrack, is a blatant copy of two songs - Volare and Laras Theme.
* Another song Ishq Hua bears resemblance to the whistle tune that starts off another Anu Malik track, Aye Mere Humsafar - Baazigar.
* Lyricist Javed Akhtar accussed music director Anu Malik of altering his lyrics and swore to never work with him again. However, the cold war between them thawed in no time [apparently Anu Malik appologized to the veteran lyricist] and they collaborated on several albums since.
Source : Ishq Wiki Page