Pukar  is a Bollywood film directed by Rajkumar Santoshi and starring Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Namrata Shirodkar, Danny Denzongpa and Om Puri. The film was critically acclaimed and a moderate success at the box office.[http://www.boxofficeindia.com/2000.htm] It won two National Film Awards, including the Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration and the National Film Award for Best Actor for Kapoors performance.
Major Jaidev Rajvansh [Anil Kapoor] and his fellow officer Hussein [Om Puri] manage to rescue a leading politician as well as capture his kidnapper, Abhrush [Danny Denzongpa]. The terrorist has been wanted for years and he is finally captured by the two officers. Jai returns to a joyous welcome, and is declared a national hero. He takes a break from the army and returns to his hometown. There he meets his childhood friend Anjali [Madhuri Dixit] who has always harboured love for Jai. Anjali is determined to make sure she and Jai stay together 24/7.
At a party, he meets Miss India, Pooja Mallapa [Namrata Shirodkar]. As they spend more time together, he begins to love her and she too begins to love him. In the mean time, Jais parents are arranging his marriage to Anjali but when they find out about Jais love for Pooja, they realise that they have to tell Anjali everything. Anjali, heartbroken and jealous swears revenge on Jai for rejecting her. Realising her frustration with Jai, Abrush takes advantage [via the said "kidnapped" politician who is hand in glove with Abrush] and together they plot to destroy Jais reputation and life.
Anjali manages to steal some important secret documents regarding plans for Abrushs movement from prison to prison. The events following lead to Jai being court martialed and he is declared a traitor to the country. Jai, determined to prove his innocence and redeem himself, decides to pursue Abrush alone.
Lyrics: Majrooh, Javed Akhtar
Music : A.R.Rahman
* The song Kay Sera Sera, was a remake from a Tamil movie En Swasa Kaatre, from the song Kadhal Nayagara. The lyrics of that song and the title is from Que Sera, Sera [Whatever Will Be, Will Be].
* Rahman reused the song Oh Bosnia as Ek tu Hi Bharosa. The song was composed and performed by Rahman in his Malaysian concert in 1996 that was in aid of Bosnian victims. The piano was played by Rahman himself.
| Song || Artist[s]
| Kay Sera Sera
|| Shankar Mahadevan, Kavita Krishnamurthy
| Sunta Hai Mera Khuda
|| Udit Narayan, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Swarnalatha
| Humrahi Jab Ho Mastana
|| Hema Sardesai, Udit Narayan
| Hai Jaana - 1
| Hai Jaana - 2
| Kismet Se Tum
|| Anuradha Paudwal, Sonu Nigam
| Ek Tu Hi Bharosa
|| Lata Mangeshkar
Pukar received many awards and nominations, the most important being Anil Kapoor who won the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance.
* Filmfare Award for Best Actor - Anil Kapoor
* Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Madhuri Dixit
National film awards
* National Film Award for Best Actor - Anil Kapoor
* Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration - Rajkumar Santoshi
* IIFA Best Actor Award - Anil Kapoor
* IIFA Best Actress Award - Madhuri Dixit
* IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award - Namrata Shirodkar
Star screen awards
* Star Screen Award for Best Actor - Anil Kapoor
* Star Screen Award for Best Actress - Madhuri Dixit
* Star Screen Award for Best Comedian - Rohini Hattangadi
* Star Screen Award for Best Female Playback - Kavita Krishnamurthy for "Kay Sera Sera"
* Star Screen Award for Best Choreography - Prabhu Deva for "Kay Sera Sera"
* Star Screen Award for Best Publicity Design - Himanshu Nanda and Rahul Nanda
Source : Pukar Wiki Page